New Resident Information
If you've recently moved into the Village at Vistancia, first, let us say welcome! We're glad you have chosen to make our community your home, and we hope to help make the transition as smooth as possible. We know moving can be a pain, but as you start settling in, here are some things you'll want to do.
Stop by the Association Office, 29701 N Sunrise Point, to register for your Access ID cards and pick up a welcome packet.
- If you recently closed on your home, our records might not be updated yet. Please bring a copy of your settlement statement or warranty deed. If you want to check if you're in the system, please call the Association Office at 623-215-8646.
- If you're a renter, please be sure your landlord has completed and signed a New Tenant Registration Form (PDF) before coming to the office.
While at the Association Office, ensure your contact information is up to date, so we can reach you when need arises.
- Attend a New Homeowner Orientation event, hosted quarterly.
- If you live in a gated neighborhood, set up your gate access codes and pick up a remote transponder at the Association Office.
- Locate your mailbox. The previous homeowner should have left you keys, but if not, let us know and we can arrange to rekey your box.
- Plan for paying your quarterly assessments. There are several options available for how to do so.
- Read about our amenities and learn the Lay of the Land (PDF).
- Register for a class or join a club. This is a great way to meet your neighbors and make new friends.
- Review the governing documents, especially the Design Guidelines (PDF). These documents establish the rules and regulations for the community.
- Sign up to receive our email newsletters so you can stay up to date on news and events in the community.
Feeling overwhelmed? We've compiled a digital welcome packet, a handy guide highlighting the most important information you need to know as a new resident. You can access this electronically, anytime.